Grandmaster Reed began her martial arts training when she was 17 years old. With over 35 years of experience in various types of self-defense, some of her experiences include her work with World Black Belt in training airline employees how to fight against a terrorist attack, opening three martial arts training academies, working as a protection specialist and security operations specialist, and developing and receiving recognition for her own style of Taekwondo, which is now known as Oh Ryung Hon Taekwondo (pronounced O young hone). Master Reed has also written more than eight manuals and two books about self-defense, which are available both on Amazon and in her retail superstore located in Stuart, FL.
Over 35 years in Martial Arts
Grandmaster Amy is the founder of Oh Ryung Hon Taekwondo. This style of self-defense was recognized and accredited by USMAA, WBB, and USMA Federations in 2004-2005. As the founder of her own Taekwondo style, she is the highest ranking in ORH TKD: 9th Degree Grandmaster.
She received the Seventh Degree Senior Master title given by Supreme Grand Master Rankin in 2011 as a mixed martial arts practitioner.
She also has Mixed Martial Arts Certifications in Taekwondo, Tai Chi, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, Pressure Point Control Tactics, Rape Prevention Instruction, Street Fighting Combat, and Win Chung.
As a World Black Belt Airline Defense Instructor and Certified Weapons Specialist, Grandmaster Amy has also won National and State Championships in weapons and sparring divisions.
Grandmaster Amy has her Bachelor of Science in exercise physiology with a minor in nutrition.
Reiki Certified, Grandmaster Amy is ordained in metaphysical studies/chakras and energy work recognized through ULC.
She was inducted into the Circle Of Masters in 2005.
She is also the Florida State Director for the USMAA Korean division of martial arts and the Korean Division Adviser for USMAA in 2005.
16 TIME HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE:
- 2001 – USMA Female Instructor Of The Year
- 2002 – AMA Female Martial Artist Of The Year (Action Martial Arts)
- 2007 – USMAA Master Of The Year
- 2007 – USMA Woman Of The Year
- 2008 – WBB International Executive Ambassador
- 2010 – BBW Master Of The Year (Black Belt Warrior)
- 2010 – USMAA Silver Life Achievement
- 2011 – USMAA School Of The Year
- 2012 – AMA Ambassador To Martial Arts
- 2012 USMAA Hall Of Fame:Contributions To Martial Arts
- 2013 Action Martial Arts Master Of The Year
- 2013 United States Martial Artist Association Supreme Master of the Year
- 2014 Action Martial Arts Ambassador Honors Award
- 2014 United States Martial Artist Association Inspiration Of The Year Award
- 2016 Action Martial Arts Outstanding achievement in Martial Arts Award
- 2018 United States Martial Arts Association School Of The Year