Contact us today or visit our martial arts school in Stuart to set up your personal tour. Feel free to also enroll online, and we will have your new uniform waiting for you when you bring your child to their first kids’ karate class at Grandmaster Amy Reed’s Black Belt Academy. To see the dates and times of our kids’ self-defense classes, check out our interactive calendar.
Our Karate Kids Program is developed specifically for children ages 7-13 years old. These kids’ karate classes are designed with the following goals in mind:
- Development of motor skills from basic to advanced levels.
- Creating an awareness of personal fitness and individual improvement. By its very nature, Taekwondo provides exercises that tone the body and develop the muscles, including the heart. The techniques and movements used in this style of martial arts also increase flexibility, helping to prevent injuries down the road. Students of all fitness levels are encouraged to work together to reach their individual fitness goals in our karate classes for kids. Teamwork is also developed through classroom drills and activities in a safe and supportive environment, as is the growth of the individual.
- Develop life success skills. These include the ability to focus, set goals, understand application, reward concepts, and other building blocks needed to set patterns for success in future aspirations.
- Teaching of character qualities. The main qualities we emphasize in our kids’ karate classes are courtesy, respect, self-control, integrity, confidence, self-esteem, perseverance, dedication, and honor for oneself and others.
- Self-defense and safety awareness skills.
Our Karate Kid classes are 45 minutes long and include a variety of interactive drills and activities that are designed to teach the techniques and concepts of traditional Taekwondo, among other styles of martial arts. We use positive reinforcement to guide students toward their goals in our kids’ self-defense classes. Our unique Karate Kids Belt program, award striping, achievement patches, and award incentives are all tools we use to recognize our students for setting and reaching their individual goals.
Karate Kids receive achievement stripes on their karate belts. These stripes are placed on the left side of the belt and are awarded for repeated demonstration of the life skills we teach during the classes (courtesy, respect, honor, honesty, compassion, goal setting, etc.). Straight A report cards and excellence in their Taekwondo classes also will allow them to earn an achievement stripe accordingly. Karate Kids who earn three achievement stripes get to select a prize out of the achievement box.
Award Patches: Special patches are awarded for demonstration of excellence in self-defense techniques, skill levels, and character attributes, such as honor, courage, respect, and self control. Patches are displayed on the student uniform.
Students may test five times per year at our martial arts school to advance in belt level. Belts are EARNED, not given. Students must demonstrate material to passing level before being given permission to test for the next belt level at our graduation promotional testings. Graduation ceremonies are held on-site, and parents and friends are invited to come and watch their child demonstrate their skills at the testing.
How do I sign my child up for kids’ karate classes?
Come a few minutes before your child’s first self-defense class so we can get them into their new uniform and answer any questions you may have about our Karate Kids Program. Class times are listed below.
KIDS’ KARATE CLASSES COST
New student Karate Kids enrollment fee:
$299 for 10 weeks of UNLIMITED karate training! (Includes new uniform)
New students can also come to any of our beginner or mixed Karate Kids classes at Grandmaster Amy Reed’s Black Belt Academy.
• Mondays & Wednesdays @ 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 5:00 p.m.
• Saturdays @ 9:45 a.m.
*Family discounts are given on all memberships at our Taekwondo school
(25% off for second family member, 50% off for each additional family member)